CSE currently has general-purpose computing labs located in four different buildings on campus (see the Map):
The computers in these labs all run Debian linux, and are available to all CSE students.
There are also a few special-purpose labs, restricted to certain classes of students:
- K17 - Computer Science and Engineering
- Banjo - K17-G13
- Flute - K17-B01/B02
- Drum - K17-B08
- Tuba - K17-B09
- K14 - Old Main Building
- Piano - K14-LG18
- Organ - K14-LG19
- Clavier - K14-LG20
- Chil - K17-G11
- UNSW SoE Macs, reserved for tutors of COMP3511/4511/9511
- Lyre - K17-G12
- Debian Linux hosting specialized virtualized environments, for students of COMP3222/9222/4336/9336/3601
- Oud - K17-G14
- Debian Linux, restricted to Thesis Students and Research students.
- Fife - K17-B03
- self-administered machines, restricted to Research students only.