AARnet CloudStor is a cloud data storage and sharing service (similar to Dropbox or Google Drive) for large storage requirements.
As a researcher you are eligible for 100 GB of free storage.
Logging into CloudStor
Cloudstor accepts Australian Access Federation (AAF) credentials, so you can use your UNSW zID and zPass to log in:
- Go to the CloudStor website
- Select The University of New South Wales as your identity provider.
- Log in with your zID and zPass.
Accessing your files
- There's a fairly intuitive web interface for browsing, uploading and downloading files, similar to Dropbox and Google Drive interfaces.
- There's a WebDAV link (in the bottom left of the Files view) that lets you connect Windows machines via WebDAV.
- There are links to sync apps for Windows, OSX, Linux, IOS and Android, available from the My Account tab.
- You will need to set a separate 'sync password' (also in the My Account tab) to use these.
You can apply for a group account for research collaborations. See the online help for details.