What is the New Person Form For?
When a new person joins (or rejoins) CSE, various departments need to make arrangements for them to get the resources they need.
- The Computer Support Group creates a computer account.
- Human Resources updates the Staff database.
- Facilities allocates a desk and arranges a swipe card from UNSW Security.
- The Finance Office makes the financial arrangements.
- Head of School's Office authorises new hires.
- Health, Safety & Environment Officer.
Who is it for?
- New Employees (except tutors)
- New Academic Visitors
- Employees or Visitors starting another appointment or contract
- Research and Exchange Students
- Anyone else who will be given equipment to use, a desk, building access, or computer services.
It's also for renewing contracts or appointments - Set the Type of notification field to Returning to CSE.
Who is it NOT for?
- General coursework students
- Undergraduate thesis students
- Tutors — those are managed by CSE Teaching Administration.
- Unofficial guests who will not need building access, or computer services like printing and Uniwide.