Licensed software at CSE
UNSW and CSE have licensing agreements with a number of vendors to make software available to staff and students.
- Microsoft OS and server software
- The Imagine Webstore is available to currently enrolled CSE students.
- Microsoft Office
- Users with UNSW-owned macs can install Office through the Self-service app.
- Office ProPlus is available for free to UNSW students
- Office 365 University is available for AU$119 for 4 years.
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- v11 available to staff and PhDs, on UNSW-owned computers.
- Contact CSE System Support, to install it for you.
- Additional notes:
The free Adobe Reader can handle a majority of general tasks, compare Adobe Reader & Adobe Acrobat
MSOffice has had the ability, since 2003, to save documents as pdf.
- The VMWare Academic Program is available to currently enrolled CSE students.
- Symantec Antivirus
- Symantec AntiVirus is available for free to UNSW students.
- Sophos Antivirus
- Installed by default on UNSW-owned macs, via the self-service app.
- See the Matlab page for details
- Other licensed products
- See the UNSW IT software pages for students and staff.
- Also see UNSW myAccess for remote access to a range of virtual applications.
- Other open-source software
- The mirror has local respositories for Debian, Ubuntu, CPAN, CTAN and more.