For contacting ECO (Emergency Control Organisation) people.
- SECO (Sector Emergency Control Officer)(Chief Warden + Deputy).
- ECO (Emergency Control Organisation)(SECO, Marshalls, First-Aid Officers & Floor-Wardens).
For official announcements to CSE or certain groups of people.
- Official announcements to all staff and postgrad research students.
- All CSE staff. Academic Employees, NICTA Conjoints, Research Assistants, and General Staff. (Not other academic visitors)
- All students that are officially enrolled in at least 1 CSE course
- All students that are officially enrolled in at least 1 CSE plan
- CSE academic staff.
- Academics and class administrators.
- Academics and Research Assistants.
- All General/Support Staff of CSE. (Not Research Assistants)
- Academic Employees, Data61 Conjoints, Official Academic Visitors.
- The student representatives for CSE.
- CSE Postgraduate Coursework Students.
- CSE Postgraduate Research Students.
- CSE Postgrad Non-Research Thesis Students.
- CSE Undergrad Students.
- Students enrolled in a CSE undergraduate thesis course in the current session.
Lists Outside CSE Control
Personnel at CSE will get email from UNSW and Engineering mail lists. Those lists are not controlled by CSE and do not use the CSE mail list system to broadcast email. Examples of such lists are:
- ENG.Faculty.Academic.Staff@unsw… — Faculty Academics, but not academic visitors, conjoints and adjuncts.
If you are not getting email from such lists when you should, then it is likely that there is a problem with your employment status with UNSW HR. Solving this issue will involve talking to UNSW IT or UNSW HR or both.
Lists You Can Subscribe To
- Alerts about media references to CSE. (opt-out)
- General announcements for students (opt-out for students)
- General announcements for students from student societies. (opt-out for students)
- Computer Support Group (CSG) system advisories. (opt-in)
Notices of upcoming seminars, at CSE or elsewhere.
These lists are moderated - approved senders can post directly; posts from others need individual approval.
Use the right list to reach the appropriate set of people:
- CSE staff and thesis students. (opt-out)
- seminar-cse plus other interested people at UNSW - contact us if you want to subscribe.
- (This is the list to post to if you are outside CSE.)
- seminar-unsw plus computer science groups at ADFA, USyd, UTS, University of Newcastle and UoW.
- Only CSE staff can post.
- Discussion of general issues for all staff and postgrad research students. (opt-out)
- Discussion of school and computing issues for all staff, visitors, tutors research and 4th year students. (opt-out)
- General discussion for students. (opt-in)
- Posts straight to firstname.lastname@example.org
- TeΧ — The Typesetting Language.
email@example.com Postgraduate coursework Programmes.Disabled. firstname.lastname@example.org Undergraduate Programmes.Disabled.
- Postgraduate research programmes.
- All announcements to full-time CSE Student Office Staff. Student enquiries directed to this address will not receive a response.
- All general announcements (eg. assignment submission notification) for all CSE Student Office staff including Casuals. Student enquiries directed to this group will not receive a response.
Computer Support Group
- System Support: problems with Computers and Computer Labs at CSE
- Reporting problems and requesting maintenance for printers
- Engineering Facilites/Infrastructure
Buildings, infrastructure and all non-computer facilities and equipment in the School:
- reporting all non-urgent problems
- requesting changes
- Casual appointments and pay claims
- Paperwork advice
- Non-order payments
- Account enquires
- Financial policy advice
- Petty cash advice
- Human Resources
- New and renewed employee and visitor appointments.
- Casual appointments
- Teaching Committee.
- Research Committee.
- Computing Committee.
- Security Committee.
- General announcements for everybody involved with AI at UNSW. This list includes the groupies, students, staff and courtesy lists below.
- All UNSW staff who work in AI.
- All students doing an AI thesis (Synonymous with ai_thesis-list).
- People interested in the workings of the AI department who aren’t in the other lists.
- Local Neural Networks People.