What error message do you get when you try to log in?
'Incorrect username or password' or 'Access denied'
- Check that you don't have Caps Lock on
- Check that you're using just your zID as the username, e.g. z1234567, not your email address
- Check that you're using your zPass as the password
- Go to UNSW Identity Management to unlock your zPass if it's locked.
- If you can't log into IDM, you will need to contact the UNSW IT Service Centre to reset your zPass.
To have an account at CSE, you need to be enrolled in a CSE course, enrolled in a CSE program, or be employed by CSE.
If you aren't in any of those categories, then you don't have access to our systems.
If you are still enrolled or employed, but you're getting this message anyway, contact System Support and we can fix you up.
Occasionally we need to disable accounts if:
- They are compromised/hacked,
- Software in them is misbehaving, or
- There has been a serious breach of the rules.
If this happens to you, contact System Support to get the problem resolved.
'Your session lasted less than 10 seconds...'
In this case your account is working but there's a problem with the programs that run when you log in.
If you know what broke, you can use the 'failsafe terminal' option from he Sessions menu to fix it up.
Otherwise, drop into Helpdesk (J17-3 foyer in weeks 1-3, K17-111 at other times) and we'll give you a hand.
'You are not permitted network access to this machine'
Pretty much what it says on the tin.
Some servers and lab machines are restricted to specific users and classes.
If you're not in the required class, you will not be allowed to log in.
If you think you should have access to a restricted machine, but don't, ask your supervisor to request it on your behalf from System Support.