Room Bookings are subject to approval from the school.
- Kens K17 Lv1 113 (Seminar Room), Kens K17 Lv1 103 (HoS Meeting Room) and Kens K17 Lv3 302 (Video Conferencing Room) are special purpose rooms
- Priority in the K17 Rooms 103 (HoS Meeting Room) is given to senior managers and committee chairs
- HoS also reserves the right to commandeer these rooms with little or no notice
Make a booking
Go to Office 365 web app
- URL: https://outlook.office365.com
- Username: zID@ad.unsw.edu.au
- Password: zPass
Go to Calendar app on Office 365
Click on App icon at the top left-hand side of the page, then click Calendar.
Create a new event
Click “New” button to go to editing page
Use “Scheduling Assistant” to check room availability.
Click “Scheduling Assistant” button to view available meeting rooms, and if desired, the availability of meeting attendes
Note: “Scheduling Assistant” can only display schedules of UNSW email accounts. Schedules of your attendees managed by other calendar services will not be shown, i.e Gmail, iCloud.
Set Date&Time of your event
(optional) Add Attendees
If your attendees have an UNSW email account, it is recommended to add them first before selecting a room; should you wish to check their availabilities and track their responses.
Select a Room
Click “Add Room” button to view your options.
By default, only “Free” rooms will be shown.
If a room says Unavailable (Busy) for your chosen time, you must NOT book it.
Either choose a Free room or propose a new time.
NOTE: Do NOT select a meeting room if it is unavailable (busy) for your chosen time.
Use “Choose new room list” option to see free rooms from other available lists.
CSE has two (2) available meeting room lists:
- Kens K17 Rooms – shared with Engineering Faculty
- Kens K17 CSE Rooms – for CSE HDR students and Staff members
Confirm the Event Details
Click Ok to quit “Scheduling Assistant” then go back to Event editing page.
- Make sure you have set the correct Date&Time and Chosen a Free meeting room;
- Make sure the Meeting Room you selected is listed as an attendee of the event;
- Make sure you add meaningful Title and Description for your event.
Click “Send” to create the event and send out your event invitation.
Verify a booking
Once you have sent your booking request to the meeting room (as an attendee), Outlook will create an event in your own Calendar to track response from all attendees.
Locate the event in your Calendar, expand the event to see responses and more details.
If your booking request has been approved, the Attendee Status of the meeting room should reads: Accepted
"No response" means your booking request is being reviewed but a decision has yet to be made. Please be patient and do NOT attempt to book another room or duplicate your booking..
If the status reads: Declined. It means your booking request has been rejected.
You should refine the Event Title and Note fields by providing meaning information then resubmit the request again to the same meeting room or to request a different room.