CSE provides a number of private bookable study/presentation spaces, for CSE Staff and Academics, researchers and some tutors.
Undergrads needing a room for thesis presentations, etc. should ask their supervisor to make the booking for them.
|Room Location||Room Type||Occupancy||CSE Workstation||AV||Access||HoS Approval|
|Kens K17 G01/G02||Consult Room||4||CSE Linux||PIN|
|Kens K17 103||HoS Committee Room||12||macOS||yes||HoS (Priority)||yes (see note)|
|Kens K17 113||CSE Seminar Room||100||macOS||yes||swipe||yes|
|Kens K17 203/204/402/403||Consult Room||4||CSE Linux||PIN|
|Kens K17 301A/B||HCI Lab||10||Data61 signin||yes|
|Kens K17 302||Cisco Conferencing Room||10||yes||Data61 (Priority)||yes|
|Kens K17 401K/501M||Postgrad Meeting Room||12||yes||swipe + key|
|Kens K17 508||Consult Room (huddle)||5||CSE Linux||yes||PIN|
Make a booking
- Open Office365 in your browser
- Log into https://outlook.office365.com as YourZID@ad.unsw.edu.au / YourZPass
- Go to the Calendar app
- Click the calendar button at the lower left
- Create a new event
- Click New button to select a new Calendar event
- Check availability with Scheduling Assistant
- Set the date and time of your event
- Add Attendees
- Finally, select a Room
- Click Add Room to view your options.
- By default, only Free rooms will be shown.
- Pick a room from the AVAILABLE list
- Do NOT select a meeting room if it is unavailable (busy) for your chosen time.
- Use Choose new room list to see free rooms from other available lists.
- CSE has two available meeting room lists:
- Kens K17 Rooms – shared with Engineering Faculty
- Kens K17 CSE Rooms – for CSE HDR students and Staff members
- Confirm the Event Details
- Click Ok to quit “Scheduling Assistant” then go back to Event editing page.
- Make sure you have set the correct date and time and chosen a Free meeting room;
- Make sure the Meeting Room you selected is listed as an attendee of the event;
- Make sure you add meaningful Title and Description for your event.
- Click Send to create the event and send out your event invitation.
Verify a booking
Once you have sent your booking request, Outlook will create an event in your own Calendar to track response from all attendees.
Locate the event in your Calendar and expand the event to see responses and more details.
- If your booking request has been approved, the Attendee Status of the meeting room should be Accepted
- No Response
- No response means your booking request is being reviewed but a decision has yet to be made.
- Please be patient and do NOT attempt to book another room or duplicate your booking. .
- If the status reads: Declined. It means your booking request has been rejected.
- Submit a new request for a different room, a different time, or with more information / justification.