Computing resources at CSE
As a student or staff member at CSE, you get access to a range of computing resources:
Standard CSE Resources
- Physical access to CSE Computing Labs
- A login account for computing labs, login servers and VLAB
- Disk space on CSE file servers (with regular automatic backups).
- Basic website hosting on www.cse.unsw.edu.au
- CSE-licensed software including Windows and VMware
Shared UNSW resources
- UNSW Wifi
- UNSW Email
- UNSW Printing:
- UNSW Software Distribution for students and staff
Special CSE Resources
There are other resources available, but these need to be requested by an appropriate staff member - see individual pages for details.
- Extra Disk Space
- Access to Thesis Labs: talk to your lecturer or supervisor if you believe you need access.
- Hosting Services - Domain hosting, etc.
- Remote Machine Access - Remote access to selfadmin computers
- Cluster Computing
OtherIf you need anything not listed here, your best bet would be to contact System Support with full details of what you need, and why.
Common Policy related Information
Policies governing the use of CSE computing resources can be found here.
Especially take a look at: