Setup Instructions for MacBooks that have been registered into UNSW IT system
You can setup your account on the new Mac in your office or at home (assume you have wifi at home). After tuning on the computer, you need to follow the prompts.
- When the system prompts and asks your zID and zPassword in a small window, you need to put your zID and zPassword in.
- When the system prompts you to set up your “computer account”, use your Full Name as your “Full Name” and use your zID as your “Account Name”; the “computer login password” can be anything, it doesn’t sync with your zPassword at the moment.
- To configure your Ms Outlook, Adobe CC, OneDrive and CrashPlan if you need, the username is zID@ad.unsw.edu.au with your zPassword.
- You are an Admin user of the computer. You can configure network, printers and so on.
- Self Service is an application in the Application folder. You can install commonly used apps from Self Service. When you install Microsoft components from Self Service, they all take long time to finish, and meantime they display wrong message, saying the installations failed, but actually they didn't. You may need to wait for 30 minutes or so. You can choose what to install from Self Service.
Normally, you can do this yourself at home or in office. If you do need further help, please call IT ServiceDesk on 9385 1333.