Can I borrow a laptop from CSE?
Yes, if you're a CSE HDR Student or staff, and you need to attend a conference or give a presentation. Those can be borrowed from the Computer Support Group.
CSG can provide a laptop (MacBook Pro) for short-term loans (up to a week in most cases). Send an email to tell us:
- When you want the laptop and when you expect to return it.
- Any special requirements
- are available on a first come, first served basis; mail System Support to reserve your laptop in advance.
- have a 13" screen, 256GB of SSD storage and 4GB of RAM.
- come pre-installed with MS Windows and Apple macOS, and MS Office.
- need your staff or student ID to book out.
- need supervisor approval for removal from the Kensington campus.
- can be installed with any software you choose.
When you return the laptop we will wipe the disk and re-image it with our standard software.
Where else can I borrow a laptop?
The UNSW Library have laptops that students can borrow for 4 hours.