CSE Documentation and FAQ
This site is the knowledgebase for all CSE computer systems, labs and policies.
Use the search box above to find the information you need, or browse the list of articles and tags at the bottom of the page.
If you can't find what you're looking for here, or if anything needs fixing, please let us know.
IT: The Basics
- UNSW Central Services
- Your zID and zPass
- Connecting to WiFi
- Reading email
- Printing from CSE teaching labs computers or your laptopRecharge your print credit
- CSE Services
- Connecting to CSE, from your computer
- Connecting to your CSE Home Folder and managing Disk Quotas
- Licensed software at CSEImagine webstore, VMAP webstore
- CSE Computer Labs
- Lab Usage Policy
- Locations and Opening hours
- Today's Lab Timetable
- VLAB virtual labs - Quick setup and Technical details
- Common questions
- It says I'm over disk quota - what do I do?
- I deleted some files in my home directory - can I get them back?
For Postgrads, Researchers and Academics
- UNSW Central Services
- Staff Printing and Commercial PrintingChange your Print Service PIN
- Booking a room in K17
- Getting a computer - Standard modelsNew computer request form
- Connecting to the CSE wired networkWired connection request form
- Enrol your (new) Mac in the UNSW Self Service App
- Backing up your data and keeping your computer secure
- Taking CSE/UNSW equipment off-campusCSE Equipment loan form
- Keeping your old computerAsset transfer request form
- New people arriving
- New-Person at CSE ?CSE new-person form
- New person at UNSW ?UNSW (OSA-02) zID/Visitor request form
- Public relations and publishing
- UNSW Branding Guidelines (pdf)
- CSE Virtual Lab Environment
- 2017s2 A fully functional virtualised CSE Lab Environment is now available for all staff and students.
- Hardware changes
- 2018s2, Hardware refresh: K17 staff/postgrad MPS printers Toshiba->Fuji/Xerox.
- 2018s2, Hardware refresh: K17 (oud, lyre) labs; SSHD->SSD.
- 2018s2, Hardware refresh: K14 (clavier,organ,piano) labs; HP-800G3 DM.
- 2018s1, Hardware refresh: K17 Consult Rooms (Lvl-G,2,4,5); HP-800G3 AIOs.
- 2018s1, Hardware refresh: K14 (clavier,organ,piano) labs; HP-E233 23" monitors.
- 2018s1, Hardware refresh: K17 Basement (drum) lab; HP-800G2 DM.
- 2018s1, Hardware refresh: K17 Ground (tabla) lab; HP-800G2 DM & E240 monitors.
- 2018s1, Hardware refresh: K17 Ground (oud) lab; HP-E231 monitors.